Monday, November 1, 2010

WOW joins the Gym Club!

I was at the gym this morning, and I've been doing this new workout thing, and I take a book to remind me what's next so that I can keep my heartrate up. Anyway, I have it sitting to the side so it's not in anyone's way, and so I kind of have my own workout station. (sorry need to give you a bit of background first). Mid workout I need the lat machine.....and this old dude is just sitting at the lat machine reading his newspaper. Aren't there better places to just be sitting or reading your paper? I don't know like on a bike or home or something wher eyou're not in the way! haha! Then of course I had to ask him to move, that was kind of weird, but oh well. So then this other guy comes up to me right then (not sure why his timing was so spot on) and asked me - oh it looks like you follow a book routine, right? So I was polite and said yes. (Now let me tell you about this man - he had been sitting on the row machine for probably 20 minutes while I'm pretty much running around the gym to different stations, jump roping, etc... and then all of the sudden he has to stop me mid workout to ask me that one question when he could clearly see that i had a book with me!). Anyway, he started to have a conversation, and how do you tell someone politely, hey man I'm trying to workout here and keep my heartrate up can you shut up please? HAHA. So then he kept talking while I was just doing my thing, and he said ..."yeah, I spend 20 mins here, 20 mins there and then 20 minutes over there." I was thinking - yeah I can see the awesome workout you're getting in when you stand and talk to people, and then just sit at a machine for 20 minutes. So why are you here again? Good thing people can't read my mind! He litterally was sitting at the row machine for 20 minutes before he said something to me. I think I saw him do ONE set!Oh I nearly forgot he was texting the whole time while sitting there! What's he worlking out, his thumbs! Leave the stupid cell in the car! I couldn't believe it, it made me laugh when he was trying to brag, like I hadn't noticed him RIGHT in front of me! Oh man people crack me up at the gym! Ah back to the American I have to show you how awesome I am routine. Why am I back again?

No comments: