So my awesome friend Tamara Yakaboski talked me into running the Boulder Half Marathon with her... oh boy what have I gotten myself in to!? 31 and pounding over 15 miles a week on my knees - I hope I can walk when I'm 80! Trent said he'd take care of me when I'm old, so is that a Green Light to do anything I want!? Just curious....
Well Training Day 1 - 4.2 miles in 40 minutes. Not too bad for someone that hasn't run in a while, and up hill half way with wind in your face. I couldn't complain. I guess we'll see how the training days continue. I did see this woman walking her baby stroller thing around, and then saw her later at the grocery store, kinda weird, but that's Greeley for you!
Today will be Training Day 2 - that will involve eating pizza and gummy bears for breakfast (breakfast of champions right there!), and then gearing up to go camping for the weekend. Hmm.. guess no run, but my "work out" will probably be more like curling, so an arm work out. Yep curling that beer right up to my face! :) Ah... camping! Maybe I'll consider a hike on Saturday to keep my legs moving.
(All while my training buddy hits up yoga and does her daily run... I'm a bad training partner.)
Here's to "training" for a half marathon!
Cheers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment