Ok...3 days in to training this year, and, OH, the stories will not stop...
I don't recall my last training to be so eventful, but perhaps this will make for some good blogging over the next 3 months!
I'm just glad that I can be the one to take some for the team, purely for entertainment value...
(Unofficial training...last Thursday)
First day of Spin...(ok technically training started last Thursday)...
So I bought new cycling shoes, since I stripped out my last cleats and ruined my shoes - that was seriously a sad day because these things are NOT cheap! I show up bright and early, 6am!, and pick a bike. Bike number 1 ended up having a problem with the pedal. Bike number 2 squeaked REALLY bad and after 60 minutes of that it's quite annoying...finally Bike number 3 seemed to be okay until about 40 minutes into spin the left clip broke and I nearly fell to the ground. Luckily it wasn't so broken I couldn't finish, just made a challenge to pull through on my pedaling! I'm thinking that 24 hour fitness really needs to get some new equipment...3 bikes, really?
Official Tri Training... Monday 5/12/08 - Day 1!!!
Morning Swim- yeah yeah - we already know. The flat tire on the way to the gym.
Monday Night - first 40 minute run. Ok. I HATE running! Not sure who thought that was a good exercise, but it's just not. I've never enjoyed it, and not sure why I continually put myself through such agonizing pain! Anyway...I learned some do's and don'ts in running around Cap Hill....
#1. There is no such thing that "what must goes up, must come down" - I started by running up a long hill and yet returned in the loop by running up a long hill. Down was never a part of this run... Now explain that to me Mr. Physics! I think this proves there is a God. And this proves that he likes to discipline us!
#2. Don't run near Cheeseman Park. First, you can fear the tripping by a dog leash. Second, I will wear a "I like boys" t-shirt to avoid confusion.
#3. Wind is no fun to run against!
#4. Wind is no fun to run against!
#5. Hip hop music makes running more tolerable...however still not fun!
#6. ACE Hardware is open until 7p on 12th Ave if someone was wondering.
Day #2 - Tuesday 5/13/08
Today was spin class. I woke up and got to the gym prior to 6am to actually get in the class. Due to the snowy (by the way - snow in May?) weather the class was full at 550am! I cried. So guess what I was forced to do... RUN! BOOOO. The DTC really needs more spin bikes just for me. I'm thinking that one with my name on it would be really nice. I'm a pretty big deal, so why not?! OR I suppose I could just get there at 530 and reserve a bike like the rest of the world.
So spin didn't happen, and running did. I forced myself. It was painful, and I hated every second of my sweaty sweaty work out! I did decide today that I hate running inside on a treadmill more than I ever have before...why you ask, because I got stuck with the treadmill right in front of the mirror. You think that would be a good thing, seeing that I love myself so much (see above), but it was painful to watch my beautiful body being beaten by a machine. I will rule the treadmill...or not I'll just avoid it in the future and run in the rain, snow or sleet!
Lesson learned today: Don't drop your music while running. Running with no music is REALLY REALLY EXTRAORDINARILY painful!
Day #3 - Wednesday 5/14/08
Morning Swim. Again, I need my own lane. Come on 24, I pay you enough money every month why can't I have my own!? Geez! So again...perhaps this is a character formation that I didn't sign up for, but patience was tested. I got a good ab work out in...that was happy. Finally, Heather and I were able to steal a lane from a little old lady, I boxed her out. Ok I didn't really steal it, and there was no little old lady. The lane just emptied... We swam.
Post locker room trauma - So I grab my towel and start walking into the locker room to get ready for the day. I look down because I feel something on my arm, and naturally think it's a long hair - because I have long hair and it falls out a lot - does that mean am I balding? -ANYWAY - I look down, and find an insect that mistakenly took my arm to be a playground, of course it is not, and guess what it was.... A COCKROACH! GROSS!! GROSS GROSS!!! I didn't freak out as much as I thought I would have, but honestly it was still one of the most disgusting things in the world!
That is 3 days of my week...perhaps a little more dramatized than needed, but I feel provides quality entertainment for you...
Until tomorrow....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so gross you found a cockroach...what's the deal????
Congrats on training so hard...you'll rock it.
You just reminded me of all the reasons I hate the gym. Well, the cockroach part is new, but I might just use that as my own excuse to never go back :)
Post a Comment