Monday, June 2, 2008

Fake Tan Man

Stupid idiot!

That's what I kept thinking as a swam this morning....

Heather is my witness...this fake tan man was trying to race me. I just know it. I'm not paranoid or loosing my marbles, as some may think...this man was really trying to race me. It took him 15 minutes just to get into the pool (I'm thinking he was scared of the cooooold water!)...then he proceeded to just do his little thing for a while (not sure what he was doing actually, maybe just floating??). Minutes later I felt a strange shadow over my left shoulder (he was in the lane next to us on the left side). But for at least 30 minutes he was doing what we were doing in the pool (minus the kick board) and every time I started to swim he would swim right next to me pretty much racing me... so...since I'm not competitive at all... I had to beat him. HEHE! :) [This kind of worked out in my favor for training purposes, because I wasn't feeling like trying very hard today since I was so tired...this kept me from being lazy!]

Besides me having to beat him, I'm not sure that I would encourage any man to wear his outfit. They were the smallest little short/speedo things I've ever seen, and I've seen A LOT! SCARY! I didn't realize this, but Heather noticed that his tan was so fake that his arm pits were white! I guess that's a lesson for all those fake-n-bakers out there!

Can skin cancer spread in pools?

Mandi

2 comments:

Kari said...

that dude sounds hot...hook me up! just kidding!

sometimes we need an extra incentive for a good workout. i tend to work harder if i know someone is watching me...and today i am walking funny thanks to a million lunges i did last night (darn audience of men at the gym last night - hehe).

keep up the awesome training. i want to do a tri someday, so perhaps you can remind me how to swim properly this summer!

Shi Town said...

I keep looking at your blog in hopes that you'll write about the hitchhiker from last week. And of course, mentioning me and Sonya in the blog:)