Monday, June 23, 2008

Hitch-hiker mania

Well...

I had a few things on my "to do before I die" list...
65) Hitch-hike somewhere
66) Pick up a hitch-hiker.

I successfully completed those two things in the last year. I hitch-hiked with my snowboard in Vail, and picked up a random dude on the side of the road one night after a late night study session near Stella's. He needed a ride home, and had 5 miles to walk. I felt bad, so I picked him up. I know, I got the lecture from a thousand people now...I won't do it again unless I have someone with me!

That's not the reason for this email, though. This is actually a shout out to Shi and Sonya for the hitch-hiking extravaganza that we witnessed on our way to meet Kari and Abby for Ab's birthday celebration. We saw a rather rough hitch hiker on the exit ramp of Hampden to Northbound I-25...while waiting for the traffic light at the bottom of the ramp we saw a truck actually stop and get the guy! So, I'm thinking that I could hitch hike my way to work now that the gas prices are stinkin' expensive.... what do you think?

3 comments:

Shi Town said...

Thanks for mentioning us. I'm so proud to be on your blog.

Kirsten said...

I think that if you do that I'm going to drive to Denver and be the one to pick you up :)

Shi Town said...

I want to hear about your car accident. I've never heard the details...Blog about it.