Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Movin' to Central America!

WOW - it's here!

I know many of you heard me talking earlier this year about moving to Mexico, but a new opportunity came up and I jumped on it! We'll see what this brings - everything happens for a reason - right?!?

Well I'm headed to Xela, Guatemala for Spanish Immersion School. I'll be there probably about 6 weeks or so, and then evaluate the sitatuation and figure out what's next. Maybe stay another few weeks to perfect the spanish, or hit up Honduras for a vacation, or start traveling Central America!

I'll be staying with a host family for the time in Guatemala, and then who knows what! It should be a fun adventure, and for those that know me well - this shouldn't surprise any of you! I mean let's just recall quitting my job to drive to Alaska the next day, or staying an extra week in Honduras... just to name a few!

I suppose that it's time to experience a bit more of the culture, serve a few cool people, and maybe even learn something new about myself!

I'll try to update my blog as much as possible, but who knows when I'll get a chance to hit up a computer!

Off I go!!!
YAY!

Destination: Xela, Guatemala
Date: Oct 10 - November 20, 2009

No comments: