Photos found on Google -











The sky was dark, and wind was howling...the hail was baseball sized...as the clouds started swirling... a girl ran into a small farm house to hunker down for the storm As Dorothy lie in fear waiting she cried..."There's no place like home, there's no place like home..." while holding her small dog, Toto.
Well... yet another exciting thing to happen in Greeley Colorado. It's a famous town, everyone wants to be from there...well until yesterday. As many of you know the tornado hit my home town and neighboring town (Windsor) yesterday afternoon.
Mom and Dad and baby sister Sage (my dog) reported to be okay, along with the grandparents and aunts and uncles...so that's good. I suppose this is just too close to home for me to feel okay. I'm still kind of shook up knowing that this thing was less than 5 miles from my parents house, and less than 2 miles from my mom while she was working. I drive by that State Farm on my way home for crying out loud! Wonder what it looks like without a roof!??
My mom said that she was a storm chaser...well not really. She went to Windsor right after the tornado hit and said it was so devastating. I was looking a photos of the cemetery in Windsor where trees are pulled up...oh I've been by there a 1000 times since my dad used to work across the street at Kodak for about that long...it's weird to think that is destroyed now!
I've attached a few photos from Andrea Johnson's blog (no idea who she is but she took some great photos that you should see. Her blog is http://anjohnston.blogspot.com/2008/05/greeleys-tornado.html) and a few others from the Internet that show how crazy it was!
I just hope and pray for the families affected by the tornado!
Here's the story from the Greeley Tribune -- http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20080523/NEWS/139425025
Here is a slide show from 9 news:
http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Weld%20County%20Tornado%205-22-08/Default.aspx?N=0
http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Weld%20County%20Tornado%205-22-08/Default.aspx?N=0
Hugs- Mandi



1 comment:
Sure Mandy, you can use my photos. My name is Andrea Johnston, with a "t."
Post a Comment