Monday, June 28, 2010

Drooler!

Last night was a long night on my first Peruvian overnight cama-bus. Yes, they say cama (bed) bus, because they say the seats transform into beds. I would say it´s more like a semi-cama seat. Actually it doesn´t even recline as much as a good ol´lazy-boy, so I hardly consider it comfortable; however, I did manage to sleep for the last 12 hours on the first bus, and then continued my slumber on another bus for 3 hours. I made it to Huanchanco, Peru today. It´s a lovely rundown beach town (reminds me a lot of North Myrtle Beach), and just got settled. I took another 3 hour nap today, you would think that I would be over the whole sleeping gig after so many hours. I guess I was drooling, Chris told me I drooled everywhere! The bus ride was not that spectacular this time...minus the lady that told us the wrong thing.

We were on the chase again for the bus. The lady that bought and reserved out bus tickets from Chachapoyas told us that the bus left at 8p, and when we arrived at 745 guess what...the bus left at 730p! Great! I love that we were told the wrong time, but the good news is that the people in the office felt bad for us, so they called the bus and they made it stop. We took a taxi for 5 soles to catch the bus, and actually made it! I couldn´t believe it! I was so happy that we didn´t have to spend another night in Chacha, and the bus waited outside of town. It didn´t make it very far in 15 minutes, so I didn´t feel too bad, but I did feel bad enough when the guy yelled at us and told us we should have known. I didn´t feel like arguing, so I just let him yell and said sorry. I don´t think that he would have believed me when I told him the lady told us the wrong time! I think that is why they felt bad, they knew they told us the wrong time, but then again I looked at the ticket that was given to me and the time said 730 - hardly ledgable, but nonetheless it was an adventure with the taxi driver chasing the bus down so we would make our destination. I´m glad it stopped when we got there, and then we were able to relax until someone was in our seats! We just sat in some other seats, but 1 hour later we were told to move to our seats, so there was a reshuffle of a few seats on the bus since people were sittin gin the wrong ones! All in all, it turned out okay. Minus the fact that our bus experience to/in Peru so far has been more than interesting! I hope that this is not a sign!

Tomorrow I will surf and ride in a reed boat through the breaks! Should be interesting. I hope I can help make a boat, that would be really cool!!!

1 comment:

Buck said...

Mandi, your stories are so fascinating. I haven't visited them until now, for a while. You should be on the Amazing Race. I'll bet you and Chris would win!