Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Worlds Worst Surfer

I was so excited about surfing today! I can´t even tell you! After learning to surf in San Jan Del Sur, Nicoragua I was pumped about trying it again...until I actually got in the water. The bottom was not a nice sandy beach like before, it was filled with rocks. The nice waves that were in Nicaragua were not so nice in Peru! Can I tell you that I was so tired from swimming out into the ocean over these huge waves that I pretty much didn´t have it in me to even try to stand up on a wave! I need to do more push-ups! Despite not being able to surf, I still had fun. Chris had to give me a few pep talks to make sure I went back out in the water. I was not having fun some of the time because I was so frustrated, but you know what I changed my attitude and had a good time seeing the underside of the water! Good thing the water wasn´t too salty! Anyway, I got pummeled by a lot of waves, now I am sore, tired, and reday for bed. Can´t wait to see what I feel like tomorrow.

Maybe that is why God had me grow up in CO, he knew that I wouldn´t master surfing. Oh well, I will keep trying and having fun, but I don´t think that I will be in any pictures in surf magazines! Well...maybe the what not to do section!

No comments: