REALLY!?!?!?
...I was in the gym last night and I had probably been there about 1 hour. It was back and bi day... Anyway, I was standing by the free weights doing the preacher bench to work out my amazing biceps, and this body builder guy (it was obvious that he was one) came prancing over... when I say prancing, he might as well have been frolicking through a meadow in a tutu. He came over to me and started talking, it was strange to say the least! He wasn't getting weights, and he wasn't really waiting on my machine... he came to chat. Now, when I'm at the gym I generally don't talk to people I don't know. Not that I wouldn't, but it just is hard to initiate conversation when I'm focused on working out. Therefore, it was sort of peculiar that he approached me as if we were at a bar. Any who, on with the story, he commented on my form and said that I was doing a great job. He then proceeded to tell me about this competition that he was training for last year, and how he had a work out partner to help train. (Note - I did not prompt any continuation in the conversation after the hello and form comment. He decided I asked him about this competition all on his own!) Then he proceeded to see if I had a work out partner (Joanie where were you last night!?!)... oh wait for it.... yes.... here it comes... 9, 10, 11, 12. Phew, I was done. I wiped sweat from my brow, and he kindly began another conversation - "So, do you want to be work out partners?" --- WHAT?! REALLY?! I don't remember even responding to his request to find out if I had one, and I don't remember continuing the conversation. Hmmm... I gave a little chuckle and said that I had a workout partner, but I appreciated the offer. ... Honestly, what the heck does that mean when a body builder asks if you want to be their workout partner? (I'm sure he meant nothing of it, but, OH!, the fun messages one can assume were subliminal.... )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment