Stress - it's not all it's cracked up to be! Why do I stress and worry about things so much? Even if they are in my control? I suppose the worry and anxiety fuel the stress and then I just lose touch with reality. I get in this awful funk, and then can't get out. I don't know what my problem is... so something has GOT to change! I decided that I no longer will worry or stress today. It's not worth my time, emotions, or energy. I know that it's not just an on-off button, but today is a new day and there is no reason to worry or be stressed!!!
I guess the reality check really came to me last night. I realized that I allowed my stress and exhaustion from the week affect how I responded to people ... and some of those people being kids! I love my Whiz Kid, Ashley, and, unfortunately, she ran away from home (hence the added worry and stress to last nights already stressful day/week). I took her siblings to the Nuggets game last night, and my energy was drained from the day of stress and added worry about Ashley. Rather than investing in the Lexi and Juan, who need just as much love as Ash, I worried and was in a stupid funk all night about Ashley. I suppose it doesn't mean that I can't show concern, but those kids need to see a little ray of sunshine in their day too - especially since they have to go home to all the anxiety and drama around the house...
Therefore - a new found revelation (that I've learned about 10 billion times) - Worry and Stress don't solve my problems, they only make things worse. If I'm in a funk around you - and I'm being stupid - please feel free to remind me of this revelation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment