Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stupid Fat Americans!

You know the more I am consistent with this (and this is only day 3) the more I realize how much Americans over eat. 1490 calories is not really that bad, and seems to fill me up more these days. Perhaps I'm training my stomach, but why are people starving in the world when the average American probably consumes 2x the amount they need! And this is enough calories for someone working out hard too... I think that Americans should stop being so selfish and greedy and start sharing with the world. I think a lot of our problems would be solved on those two philosophies in place! People - wake up and just be nice! Geez! Is is really that hard? (wow, I just got on a soap box. I try to stay away from publicizing my political soap box, but is sneaks out occasionally. Those that know me well, know I like to talk politics! :))






Today I thought I was hungry, but....
Breakfast: 730a
1 cup Kashi Cereal - 140 Calories
1/2 cup skim milk - 90 calories
1 egg + 1 egg white - 118 calories
1 cup of coffee: 24 calories
Total: 372


Lunch:1200p
1 cup low fat milk: 120 Calories
1 cup LF Cottage cheese: 160 Calories
1 medium tomato: 22 Calories
1 can tuna: 120 calories
celery: 18 Calories
5 strawberries: 20 calories
Total Calories: 460
This was a friggin' huge lunch - I would cut it in half next time! WOW! My belly is aching because it ate too much!!


Snack around 4p
Banana: 90 Calories
2 TBSP PB: 200 Calories
Total: 290


Tonight for Dinner: around 8ish
3 oz Grilled Halibut: 119 Calories
1 large carrot: 30 calories
1 cup rice: 210 calories
Total: 359


Total for the day: 1481



* Did you know: That if you eat a high Glycemic Load Food (like banana's, grapes, mac & cheese, etc...), make sure to eat it with a protein to slow down the rate at which the food is converted to blood sugar.


*Did you know fact #2: Caffeine makes you weak in the long run because it overtaxes your adrenal glands? (Caffeine is only good in it's original source, aspirin.) So think twice before you drink the coffee... That's a personal side note. This may be hard for me, but I think I may give my coffee maker to Missy. Caffeine is just not that important!



Stay tuned for other "Did you know's" that I'm learning as I read this friggin huge book!

No workout today - it's the day off.
Good thing because I need fresh legs for my Volleyball tourney! Whew go Financial Panthers!
(Watch the simpson's episode on youtube if you don't know where "Financial Panthers" comes from...)

I wish I could have done yoga this morning just so I could stretch out my body. I tried to stretch yesterday on my own, but apparently I must suck at stretching, because I couldn't sleep last night the pain was so intense! Hopefully tonight will be better.

No comments: