Monday, June 15, 2009

Making The Cut... Just the beginning

So I met Jillian Michaels...
... and I'm not sure I like her much!

Okay, I didn't really meet her, but I bought her book. She is super intense! What a crazy woman, however, I must be just as crazy for buying the book. I decided to take the challenge of Making the Cut: 30 days of intense workouts, crazy food, and no alcohol!

A few crazy facts: Being 5'7" and 157lbs I am only allowed 1490 calories a day! WHAT!? I could eat that for breakfast... Okay not really, but with as much as I working out that I do... REALLY??? I was hoping for at least 2000!!

Eating - wow this will be tough - I'll write what I eat everyday! Every 4 hours - that's pretty normal for me!
Working out - two-a-days are going to be tough. But the good news is that I have a 2 hour limit. Can't work out more than 2 hours at a time. (That's a good thing I think. Trying to find optimism, however probably wouldn't have made 2 hours any one gym time.)
Sleep - 8 hours every night. She doesn't know me very well does she!

Grocery Store - I hate that place, and I already have to go back, and I went last night. This could teach me to like the Grocery Store.

Measurements - those will be done today before my first workout! Yikes!
Photos - I took a "before", but won't post those until it's over. I'm embarrassed! :/

Today is Day one.
1. Did I sleep 8 hours? - no. I didn't even sleep well. Lame! I wish that I could sleep, but one week and still not sleeping. I'm hitting the bed by 10p tonight!
2. Water - I'm doing well with that since I am only allowed 1490 calories, don't drink anything but water, unless it's milk to get my calcium in for the day!
3. Work out - haven't gone yet, but I looked at it and I'm scared! (And I don't usually get scared to go to the gym!)

Food:
Breakfast: 730a
1 cup Kashi Go-Lean Cereal
1/2 cup skim milk
1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled.
cup of water

Lunch: 1p (This was supposed to happen at 1130. I have to plan better!)
3 slices turkey breast
1 carb control wrap
3/4 cup raw broccoli
1/2 roma tomato
10 banana peppers
1 cup of skim milk.

Snack: 4p
1 medium apple
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner: 730p
Moroccan Chicken w Wild Rice
1 cup Celery
1 cup of milk

Calories for the day: 1479 (Barely MADE THE CUT today!)

WORK OUT:
2 x this w no rest between sets:
Circuit 1:
Dumbbell Press on Body Ball ( 2o reps)
Dumbbell Flys on on Body ball with Crunches (15 reps)
Squats (50 fast no weight)
one minute sprint at 7 mph

Circuit 2:
Plank (hold 10 seconds)
Close Grip Push-up (5 reps)
Side planks with inner Thigh Raise (10 seconds per side)
plank (5 more seconds)
Close Grip Push ups (5)
Side Planks with inner thigh raise (10 seconds per side)
Plank (5 seconds)
Burpies (straight from plank 10 reps)
Sumo Squats (50 reps)
One minute sprint at 7mph

circuit 3:
Frog push ups (20 reps)
Squat Thrusts (20 reps then hold a static squat for 30 seconds)
W shoulder presses with leg extension (10 reps each leg)
jump rope 1 minute

circuit 4:
bench dips (20)
Rope Tricep Presses (perform to muscle failure)
Static Lunges with lateral shoulder raise (10 reps with each leg fwd)
Mountain Climbers (reps for 1 min)
Boat Pose (hold 30 seconds)

Circuit 5:
Jump rope 1 minute
Bicycle crunches (50)
Extended plank (hold 30 seconds)

30 minutes of cardio.
Stretch..

Can we say ouch! 2 sets of that! It's going to probably take me just under 2 hours. Geez woman, what are you doing to me... Right, I am the one who decided to get ripped for swim suit season!

Well one day down... 29 to go.
Until tomorrow...

No comments: