Well there has been some exciting things going on here in Xela, Guatemala. On my way to school today, the earth quaked. You may think “An Earthquake!” Please do not be alarmed, or worried – it was more like a large truck driving by you on Market Street and making the ground shake ever so slightly. So – I would hardly consider the earthquake news… I suppose the earthquate in AK a couple summers ago with Zeke (while laying under some mirrors in the spare bedroom) would be considered more dangerous (pelegroso).
And the mountains trembled… Yes, my first experience watching an active volcano blow steam. I suppose he was upset (It was El Volcan San Tiagito). Mi Maestra (teacher) stopped class when the volcano blew so that we could see it, and then my lesson was on active volcanos and the history of Guatemala and Xela. I suppose it was a good day. I was only able to see a giant cloud of grey smoke, but it got me excited about the active volcano I’ll be hiking near Antigua in the near future… I’ll be taking marshmellos on that hike FOR SURE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment