That sums up what I eat nearly for every meal. Oh wait, I forgot black coffee with A LOT of sugar! Oh the food here is interesting. There are some things that I just love, like the pancakes (in spanish said – pan-cake-es). LOVE THEM with Jelly. Yeah, I know, kind of weird without syrup, but I think it’s better than syrup to have Marmilada Fresca (Strawberry Jam)… I don’t get Peanut Butter on them, so the jelly is a nice change of pace! J
Okay other examples of food that we’ve had thus far:
· Bananos boiled with crema (boiled banana’s with cream) – quite good actually.
· Plain Corn Flakes with warm milk – GROSS! Actually double gross. I can barely even eat it, I tried to have it just plain one morning and crunch on some corn flakes, but that just didn’t cut it. I can tell you that my ceral because a bowl of sugar REALLY fast!
· This morning we had some weird milk/water something, I think it was supposed to have oatmeal in it, but it just looked like dirty water. I didn’t even touch it, it was a little too scary to me!
· Enchaladas = tostada shell, some mayonase (you all know how much I love that!), some lechuga (lettuce), and some carne (meat), with a slice of onion on top. – I actually like these! I could eat these for every meal.
· On break during school, we always eat pan (bread). It is quite addictive, and bad for someone that didn’t eat much bread before they got here. I suppose that I may gain 30 pounds from bread alone – let’s hope that the runs and weekend adventures help subside that! Anyway, the bread with the swirly top is the best. It’s like candy. I think it’s call Pan Dulce (candy bread). I think this could be one thing that I miss when I leave Guatemala!)
· We had these things called Whiskel – it must be some sort of green vegitable. I really liked it, but it made my mouth itch. So I suppose that means that I am allergic, but I didn’t die so it must not be deadly – I may eat it again. They cook it in slices with cheese between the layers, wrapped in a egg batter (like french toast) and then pan fried. Oh wow, so good… Served with rice and an orange. I could definitely eat this again, minus the mouth itch!
· We’ve had asian food a few times, and Alejandra is a great cook, so that is always good! Served of course with tortillas and salsa! HA!
· Spagetti one night was good, but they don’t put meat in their sauce, so that was a bit diappointing, but oh well it was still good.
· Drinks: CafĂ©, tea, or water with some sort of fruit blended in (generally limon (limes) or papaya) and sugar. The papaya water is interesting since I think that it tastes a lot like butter water, I try to avoid drinking at dinner those nights!
I suppose that’s it for now, I’m sure I’ll have more food stories as the time continues… I did try street tacos, they were SO good! They tell you to avoid those places, but it looked so good I was willing to take my chances! No side effects and that was 2 days ago! YES, I passed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment