I want you to meet Tripod. I have adopted him as my pet. He doesn’t go home with me, nor does he even follow me anywhere – some kind of pet , huh!? However, I do see him on my way to school everyday, does that count? I have to apologize for the misleading name of my perro, but he can only use three legs; therefore, I call him TRIPOD.
If you want me to be brutally honest, all the street dogs probably could adopt the name Tripod. You know we should not be too fast to judge these scrawny looking felines, because they have more stamina than anyone of us. They rarely get any food, and if it is it’s usually what has been picked through three or four times from the street, most likely some sort of cardboard, or the like. We may call them pathetic, but if these muts can make it – I suppose they may be the stronger than most people. Perhaps instead of our critque and occassional kick, we should praise these animals for their ability to survive.
You may be wondering why I would write such praises about such disgusting animals; howvever, one must be take caution (tenia cuidad) because they can often be ferocious too! Don’t make one of these crazy guys mad or you may be running for your life. So don’t be fooled by their puppy eyes, begging that you would even consider dropping an ounce of food for them to gobble up.
Moral of the story – everyone has a street dog, and everyone’s street dog is named Tripod.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
uh, pssssst...mandi...dogs are canines, not felines...ok? ok. nice thoughtful story. i really enjoy reading your blogs. they say a lot about you. you are one special lady!
Post a Comment